We are equipped to we provide services on Municipal Law based on legal services and opinions that we provided to municipalities and municipal entities in years our professionals have been in the profession. We have played a role of assisting municipalities to augment their governance structures to ensure that the provision of municipal services to local community is done in an effective and sustainable manner. We succeeded in developing the governance framework for two municipalities in the Free State Province in line with the principles of good governance and the legislative framework governing municipalities and the municipal entities.
Our Services Include:
- Establishment of municipal entities;
- Legal opinions on the MFMA, Municipal Systems Act, Companies Act and other statutes impacting on municipalities;
- drafting of inter alia:
- service delivery agreements;
- memorandum of incorporations;
- induction manuals;
- Shareholder Compacts;
- Standard Operating Procedures;
- Service Standards;
- By-laws on establishment of service utilities; and
- Terms of Reference for the Municipal Audit Committee, Performance Audit Committee and Risk Governance Committee.
We have firm understanding on the implementation of the Integrated Development Plans, Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan and business plans for municipal entities.